To Our Individual Clients:
A. Types of Information We Collect
We collect certain personal information about you – but only when that information is provided by you or is obtained by us with your authorization. We use that information to prepare your personal income tax returns and may also provide various tax and financial planning services to you at your request.
B. Parties to Whom We Disclose Information
As a general rule, we do not disclose personal information about our clients or former clients to anyone. However, to the extent permitted by law and any applicable state Code of Professional Conduct, certain nonpublic information about you may be disclosed in the following situations:
- To comply with a validly issued and enforceable subpoena or summons.
- In the course of a review of our firm’s practices under the authorization of a state or national licensing board, or as necessary to properly respond to an inquiry or complaint from such a licensing board of organization.
- In conjunction with a prospective purchase, sale, or merger of all or part of our practice, provided that we take appropriate precautions (for example, through a written confidentiality agreement) so the prospective purchaser or merger partner does not disclose information obtained in the course of the review.
- As a part of any actual or threatened legal proceedings or alternative dispute resolution proceedings either initiated by or against us, provided we disclose only the information necessary to file, pursue, or defend against the lawsuit and take reasonable precautions to ensure that the information disclosed does not become a matter of public record.
- To provide information to affiliates of the firm and nonaffiliated third parties who perform services or functions for us in conjunction with our services to you, but only if we have a contractual agreement with the other party which prohibits them from disclosing or using the information other than for the purposes for which it was disclosed. (Examples of such disclosures include using an outside service bureau to process tax returns or engaging a records-retention agency to store prior year records.)
C. Confidentiality and Security of Nonpublic Personal Information
Except as otherwise described in this notice, we restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to employees of our firm and other parties who must use that information to provide services to you. Their right to further disclose and use the information is limited by the policies of out firm, applicable law, our Code of Professional Conduct, and nondisclosure agreements where appropriate. We also maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable laws and regulations to guard your personal information from unauthorized access, alteration, or premature destruction.
I am at least 21 years of age and I understand that any person buying or accepting delivery of alcoholic beverages must also be at least 21 years of age.
Legal age requirement: Wines and other alcoholic beverages may be sold and delivered only to persons over the age of
21. By ordering from this website, you affirm that you are at least 21 years old. Simply Stated Wines, LLC makes
every effort to ensure that alcoholic beverages are not delivered to anyone who is under the age of 21. All alcoholic
beverages that we ship on your behalf must be received and signed for by an adult of legal drinking age. We
encourage you to deliver to a business address to reduce the likelihood of failed delivery. If the wine is returned
to us for failure to provide positive proof of age, the customer is responsible for paying all related shipping charges.
All wines are sold in California and title passes to buyer in California. We make no representation as to the legal right of
anyone to ship or import wines into any state or country outside of California. By placing an order with us, you authorize
Simply Stated Wines to act on your behalf to engage a common carrier to deliver your order to you. If you wish to ship
to another state, you assume all responsibility for determining whether you may lawfully import alcoholic beverages into
that state. As interstate shipping laws are constantly changing, you may want to check with the appropriate agency in
your state or county. Our acknowledgment of an order is not a guarantee that we will ultimately be able to ship wine to
you. If we are only able to ship wine to the state you request, we will notify you before processing your order to determine
whether you wish to proceed.
Sales tax policy: Applicable Los Angeles County sales tax of 9.00% is added to all orders shipped or delivered within the
state of California.
Order processing time: For wine orders in stock they are generally processed and shipped within 24 hours. Special
shipping requests—including rush orders, international deliveries, should be made by phone (preferred), email
firstname.lastname@example.org, or through the “Order Notes/Special Instructions” field in the Shipping Details page (step
1) of the online checkout process.
All wine sent out by Simply Stated Wines LLC, is inspected, hand packed and shipped in good condition. Please
inspect your package upon receipt for obvious damage during transit. Simply Stated Wines LLC is not responsible
for breakage after your signed delivery has been made. Simply Stated Wines LLC will only accept returns for
replacement or refund for the following reasons:
- You received the wrong item.
- The wine you received is corked.
- The wine you received is spoiled (As is tradition in the wine trade, any bottles 10 years or older are purchased at the buyer’s risk)
Once the wine leaves our premises we cannot accept it back as per U.S Federal regulations concerning alcoholic
products. Claims can only be made on damaged goods and by following the appropriate steps outlined above.